Wednesday, May 12, 2010










The 3 words that best describe Paris are as follows and I quote: "chaotic, expensive and selfserving"




Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our time there very much, but found that an overall sence of confusion everywhere twinned with an overtone of "it's not my problem" and backed with a feeling of "every man / woman for themself" feeling.




It was interesting coming from London where the tubes are very well organized and easy to follow to Paris where the traffic patterns within the public transit are not intuative and in my opinion are not well engineered.




OK enough with the complaining and on to the good stuff.




We saw so much culture, art and architecture that we quickly hit overload. We went to the Muse de Louvre on our first day out. There are no words to describe the Louvre and it something that everyone should experience at least once in their life. We spent quite a bit of time in the sculpture wing. I am still in awe that we were standing a mere foot away to sculptures that were carved 3-5 thousand years ago!!!




The Eiffel tower was very impressive, especiallysince it was build 125 years ago.




We spent quite a bit of time walking around the canals and around the city admirring the city itself.




On our last day there we walked the champ elysse from Le Grand Palais to the Arc de Triomph (sp). Then spend the rest of the day shopping in the area. I had to use the toillets in the afternoon but couldnt find one, then finally, I saw 'the sign'. It was a beautiful pink sign that said 'WC" with an arrow. we followed the sign for about a half km, but when I finally reached what was to be my destination, I looked in to see a designer bathroom shop. I must have looked confused and perplexed when the tall french woman asked if she could help me; I replied that I needed to use a washroom. Her response was "well of course sir, the cost is 2 euros and you can choose whichever designer you wish". I gave her my 2 euros and chose the Yves sait laurent designed decor for my stay.










No comments: